- This event has passed.
Webinar: Italian and Greek offshore wind market
January 13 @ 09:00 - 10:30
Norwegian Offshore Wind is setting up an export workings group for Italy and Greece.
Fast emerging floating offshore market
The Italian Offshore wind market is of great interest for the Norwegian offshore supply chain.
- Substantial market size: TERNA, the Italian Grid operator, has received applications for more than 90 GW of offshore wind projects. Norwegian Offshore Wind has identified 14 GW of projects from developers such as Fred Olsen Renewables, Saipem, ENI Plenitude, Falck Renewables and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners. Most of the projects are expected to be floating.
- Fast emerging market: A “Feed-in-tariff” with the capacity of 3.4GW are expected to be adopted shortly, with a possible increase to 10GW. The most mature projects are expected to take the FID by 2025.
- Industrial synergies: Norwegian and Italian companies have for decades cooperated in Offshore Oil and Gas, and the Italian supply chain has substantial production capacity and capabilities. The Italian market has also strong synergies with Greece, and the rest of the eastern Mediterranean.
The Greek Offshore wind market is also fast emerging with the first round of leasing areas (exploration licenses) that will awarded in early 2024.
Export working group
NOW is therefore setting up a dedicated working group for the Italian and Greek markets, lead by Gunnar Birkeland from Source Galileo Norway. To kick start this working group NOW is arranging, together with Innovation Norway, a webinar. The objective of the webinar is to present opportunities in the Italian market and the planned activities in the working group for 2023.
To attend please register here.
- Introduction – Gunnar Birkeland, Source Energy (5 min)
- Italian Offshore Wind market – Watson Farley & Williams (20 min)
Case 1: Fred Olsen (15 min)
Case 2: Italy projects, Galileo (15 min)
Case 3: Moreld Ocean Wind – Wolfgang Wandl (10 min)
- Greek Offshore Wind market – Panagiotis Ladakakos, Eletaen (10 min
- Working Group – proposed activities – Tor Arne Johnsen, Norwegian Offshore Wind (10 min)
- Global Growth – Mauro Migliavacca, Innovation Norway (10 min