How the offshore wind industry can take advantage of upcoming EU opportunities
Martine Farstad in Norwegian Offshore Wind will help norwegian companies with EU calls.
It can be difficult for the industry to navigate the continuously growing jungle of EU initiatives and opportunities. Norwegian Offshore Wind has increased the capacity of EU knowledge by acquiring a second EU advisor to the team.
– To support the offshore wind industry seizing the upcoming EU opportunities, we are putting together dedicated events on specific EU call topics, says the new EU advisor, Martine Farstad.
Norwegian Offshore Wind is on behalf of our members targeting the relevant EU Horizon Europe calls with deadlines in 2023 and 2024:
- Critical technologies for the offshore wind farm of the Future (Deadline: 30 Mar 2023)
- Critical technologies to improve the lifetime, efficient decommissioning and increase the circularity of offshore and onshore wind energy systems (Deadline: 05 Sep 2023)
- Digital twin for forecasting of power production to wind energy demand (Deadline: 05 Sep 2023)
- Demonstrations of innovative floating wind concepts (Deadline: 05 Sep 2024)
You can find all the mentioned call topics, and more, in the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023-2024 for Cluster 5: Climate, Energy and Mobility.
EERA DeepWind conference
During the EERA DeepWind conference in Trondheim 18-20 January, Norwegian Offshore Wind is, together with EERA, organising a side event on the EU calls mentioned above. This side event is open for all participants at the EERA DeepWind conference. It is still possible to register for the conference.
– The side event is a good opportunity for businesses already involved in a consortium with a need for more partners, and those interested in the calls but not yet part of a consortium. This is a follow up on a webinar we did in early December 2022 on the same call topics, and we are hoping to see many of our members at the conference, says EU advisor Tor Arne Johnsen.
Norwegian Offshore Wind is also putting more emphasis on the EU Innovation Fund and the opportunities it provides for our members. In November the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environmen Executive Agency (CINEA) and the European Commission organised Info Days on the Innovation Fund to present the third call for large-scale projects. The call is divided into four different topics with a total budget 3 billion Euro. The recording and presentations from the info days are available here.